The Thermal Bonding System registers inner layers for lamination by bonding the layers to each other with multiple spots of heat. By applying heat to the area the pre-preg kicks over and bonds the material in the selected areas holding the layers in registration to each other.
The Thermal Bonder is a combination lay up station bonding unit. A double draw pinning station is provided with adjustable pins in the same tooling positions as ther post etch punch. The inner layers are punched on the post etch punch and then pinned together on the Thermal Bonder pinning station. This is more accurate than other bonding systems that use vision and clamping of the layers since the layers are pinned throughout the entire lay up process.
The double draw lay up station speeds up production. The operator lays up one packager while another is going through the bonding cycle.
Loading and unloading from machine front.
Six bonding heads along two sides. Additional bonding heads can be added to predefined locations in both x and y axis.
Bonding pressure, dwell time and temperature are user configurable.
· System software checks panel size prior to bonding which prevents operator setup errors.
· Bonding cartridges are thermally controlled within ± 2 degrees C that insures repeatability.
· Lends itself easily to sequential lamination for build up technology.
· Eliminates any problems associated with eyelets or rivets damaging separator plates.
· Eliminates errors caused by eyelets shifting layers when crimped.
· Reduces cost by eliminating expensive plastic rivets.
· Motor driven two drawer design.
· Loading and unloading from machine front.
· Platen design to hold panel construction flat.
Partner: Mulitiline Technology Inc.